The Social Security decisions spouses make when they are in their 60’s will determine the amount of total income they receive over their lifetime-including the lifetime of the spouse who lives the longest. This class will cover some little-known rules that can help married couples get more out of the Social Security System.
The class will cover:
- How much Social Security you and your spouse stand to receive over your joint lifetime. Rules and guidelines for when spouses should apply for benefits.
- How the decision you make in your 60’s can determine the amount of income you and your surviving spouse will have in your 80’s and 90’s.
- How spouses with little or no prior earnings can take advantage of social security benefits.
- How a little-known rule passed in the 2000’s has opened the door for creative spousal strategies.
- The number one most important thing all higher earning spouses should do.
- Two key things you need to know about Social Security survivor benefits.
- How remarriage affects survivor benefits from a former spouse.
- How to avoid mistakes at your Social Security Office
Date and Time
Tue, Apr 25, 2023
6:30p - 8:00p CST
Hastings - Tilden Community Ed