Social Security is one of the few income sources that keeps up with inflation and lasts for a life. But most women fail to maximize their benefits because they don’t understand the little-known rules that can help them get more out of the system.
Known rules that can help married couples get more out of the Social Security system.
The class will cover:
- How much Social Security you stand to receive over your lifetime
- How the decision you make in your 60’s can determine the amount of income you will have in your 80’s and 90’s
- How to take advantage of spousal benefits, survivor benefits, divorced spousal benefits, and even divorced spousal survivor benefits
- How to coordinate your own retirement benefits with benefits you may receive as a spouse, or divorced spouse.
- Why women who are married should make decision about when their husband should apply for Social security.
- Why you should consider your husbands life expectancy when deciding when to claim your own retirement benefits
- What to do if your husband or ex-husband dies
- How to plan for the extra-long life
This workshop is for women and for the men who have women in their lives (wives, sisters, mothers). It features essential information all women need to have if they are concerned about financial security in retirement.
Date and Time
Tue, Apr 11, 2023
6:30p - 8:15p CST
Jordan Middle School
JMS 202 Quotations Lab